Friday, November 2, 2012

Crazy Sexy Goddess Smoothie

Recipe 3: Crazy Sexy Goddess Smoothie

I still have not received my cookbook! So I am still relying on the pdf from Kris Carr that I will attach again.
http://kriscarr.com/wp-content/uploads/Crazy_Sexy_Sneak_Peek2.pdf
I am hopeful that mt UPS man will be knocking on my door later with my Crazy Sexy Kitchen cookbook.  Fingers Crossed!

First off, I have to say that I love the name of this smoothie! Crazy Sexy Goddess.  Ooh la la!  We should all consider ourselves goddesses.  Well except for you Gods out there!  This smoothie rocks!  I added some cacao powder to it as the recipe suggested.  This made it more like a chocolate shake.  We all know everything tastes better with chocolate.  It was actually my first time using cacao powder.  It turns out the bean for the cacao plant is the source for all chocolate and cocoa products. Who Knew?  It is a great source of magnesium too! Anyway there is my factoid of the day, and it made it quite yummy!

Here are the ingredients you will need:
I used a frozen banana, and would probably use frozen organic blueberries as well next time.  I like my smoothies really cold.  I even added ice.  I wonder if you can freeze the cucumber? Would that take away from the fresh nutrients? If anyone knows please comment and tell me. I put all my ingredients in my blender and walla!
I put about a cup of coconut water in the mix, sprinkled some cinnamon and added a splash of stevia to sweeten it up.  It was sweet and quite filling.  I suspect if you were weaned off sugar this smoothie would really taste like a decadent chocolate milkshake.  You get the benefits of eating your veggies, and you also get to satisfy your sweet tooth.  An added bonus, this smoothie isn't going to make you feel guilty when you drink it.

OMG my cookbook just got here!! Yea!!   What will I make tomorrow?
So excited!

Hey sign up and follow my blog!  You might win a Crazy Sexy Kitchen cookbook.   Also check out Kris Carr at this link:
http://www.mcssl.com/app/?af=1493296


 

No comments:

Post a Comment