Sunday, January 13, 2013

Corn & Heirloom Tomato Salad

Corn & Heirloom Tomato Salad with Creamy Poblano Vinaigrette pg. 163
Corn & Heirloom Tomato Salad
Today I had to laugh at myself as I tried to get "the shot" for this salad.  I was working against the clock as the sun was setting, and The Golden Globes were about to start.   I find I am easily flustered when my husband is here helping me prepare everything.  I just want to impress him. I feel kind of silly because I am taking myself way too seriously, and truth be told my husband has a better artistic eye than me which intimidates me a little. (Don't tell him I said any of this!)  So as I try to act cool, like I know what I am doing, I am so afraid he will call my bluff as I pretend to be a photographer and this armature chef.  Not that he is anything but the most supportive man ever.  Seriously, he would do anything I needed to help me.  I just can't seem to concentrate as well when he looks on. Possibly it is his hot body distracting me?  So, as I act like a silly teenage girl I will pretend he didn't see me get flustered as a took my pictures.  I love you babe!

As I watched the Golden Globes I munched on the most delicious salad.  It was the Corn and Heirloom Tomato Salad with Creamy Poblano Vinaigrette.  The dressing for this salad is amazing.  It is spicy, and no fattening! A total win win.  The dressing was killer on the salad, but you could easily pour it on anything from roasted veggies to grains like quinoa. Here is what you will need to spice up your life.
Creamy Poblano Vinaigrette
I am lucky to live in Southern California.  We get lots of produce year around.  To get fresh corn, heirloom tomatoes and avocado in January is awesome!   I hope you are able to get these ingredients because you will love this salad. I actually had no idea you could put raw corn in a salad.  I just assumed it needed to be cooked first, but guess what it doesn't.  As the old saying goes, you learn something new everyday.

Enjoy this guilt free salad that is so satisfying!  Recipe 90 is a success.  Me, I am going to work on just having fun with these last 60 recipes, and getting more comfortable working in front of my hubby!  Order up, one serving of self confidence for me please!

2 comments:

  1. This looks good! I am always wondering what kind of salad to serve with tacos and this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be perfect with tacos! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete