Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Horseradish Cream & Punk-Rock Potato Salad

Horseradish Cream pg. 240
Horseradish Cream
Today I was a cooking fool! I got a little overzealous at Whole Foods the other day buying ingredients.  Then I got lazy and didn't feel like cooking.  I would have been so pissed at myself if I let anything go to waste.  So today I just started making one thing after another.  I think I was in the kitchen for hours.  Just cooking not so bad, but cooking and taking pictures is a little time consuming.  So it was totally understandable that my my kids and I were still in our pj's at lunch. Right?!

The thing is I was having a great time doing it all.  The kids were in the kitchen playing with play dough.  My older son was helping me peel potatoes.  It was an awesomely productive day.  The original Julie/Julia Julie Powell may have had way more recipes to cook, but she wasn't photographing all her recipes.  I would have loved to see it if she did.  It would have been so fun.  Instead, we have the movie to help us envision all she went through.  I love that movie, but pictures of the real thing would have been cool.

I started the day making Cashew Aioli which I had made before. Check out the link:
http://crazysexykitchenproject.blogspot.com/2012/11/cashew-aioli-artichoke-aioli.html

I quickly turned that into Horseradish Cream.  I had bought a huge horseradish root recently for the Crostini's I made at New Years and wanted to use it again.  The guy at Whole Foods who helped me find the root gave me the biggest root possible. (I swear he must have laughed at me when I walked away with that big thing!) I didn't know any different because I had never seen horseradish root before. I didn't check the price, but by the size of it I think it was expensive!  So I am using it all.  Here is what you will need to make Horseradish Cream.  You only need maybe an inch of horseradish root.  Not like the foot of it I have!
Once you make this awesome recipe you can use it lots of different ways.  You can make Horseradish Cream Crostini's. Yum!
You can make my personal favorite Punk-Rock Potato Salad!  This is probably the best potato salad I have ever had.   Here is what you will need. ( I also added a white onion.)
Just remember you will need to soak cashews in preparation for this recipe.  I have made 77 recipes from Crazy Sexy Kitchen, and I can honestly say I would make almost all of them again and again.  That is pretty impressive Chef Sarno!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious
    if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how
    do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.

    My web site :: garcinia tea

    ReplyDelete